Welcome To 501 N Boulevard in Tuscan Villas Richmond. This rare 3 bedroom larger condo has a convenient side access from Kensington. The property has an updated kitchen, bathroom, nice hardwood floors throughout, wonderful private balcony with french doors, views of the museums, corner unit allows natural light in most rooms, fresh paint, updated appliances, gas range, the 3rd bedroom is being used as a dining room, easy parking and access on side street. Call or Email John Martin for more information about this property. Pending!
The Tuscan Villas Richmond was designed in 1928 by Richmond architect Bascom Rowlett, the architect of other well-appointed apartment buildings such as Rixey Court on Monument Avenue and The English Village on Grove Avenue. The Tuscan Villas Richmond were converted to condominiums in the 1980’s. The building is one of the best examples of Mediterranean influenced architecture in Richmond. It is a three-story building with a plain stucco finish and a low-pitched clay tile roof. Four ells create three courtyards with crepe myrtle and liriope lined paths. Decorative sculpture, recessed loggias, iron balconies, and cartouches, and the sun-scorched yellow stucco and verdigris trim paint add to the building’s Italian allure. The five building segments are named for regions in Tuscany: the Lucca, The Siena, The Leghorn, The Florence, and The Pisa. From the Historic Richmond Foundation
The Fan is a district of Richmond, Virginia, so named because of the “fan” shape of the array of streets that extend west from Belvidere Street, on the eastern edge of Monroe Park, westward to the Boulevard. (Though the streets rapidly resemble a grid after moving through what is now VCU). The Fan is one of the easterly points of the city’s West End section, and is bordered to the north by Broad Street and to the south by 195). The western side is sometimes called the Upper Fan and the eastern side the Lower Fan, though confusingly the Uptown district is located near VCU in the Lower Fan. Many cafes and locally owned restaurants are located here, as well as historic Monument Avenue. Development of the Fan district was strongly influenced by the City Beautiful movementof the late 19th century. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
West of the Boulevard, alternately known as the Museum District, is a neighborhood in the city of Richmond, Virginia. It is anchored by the contiguous six-block tract of museums along the west side of Boulevard, including the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts and the Virginia Historical Society, hence the name. It is roughly bounded by the Boulevard on the east, I-195 on the west, Monument Avenue and Broad Street on the north, and Carytown on the south. Much of that is listed as a historic district on the National Register of Historic Places. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Parts of the area had been in active use as farmland into the late 19th century, and though part was notably used as a Civil War veteran’s home at that time, it was primarily developed between 1895 and 1940.It is largely populated with townhouses in styles from the late 19th and early 20th centuries. Though much of the district is residential, there are several schools, religious facilities, and other institutional uses throughout.
The Fan District is primarily a residential neighborhood consisting of late-nineteenth and early-twentieth century homes. It is also home to Virginia Commonwealth University’s Monroe Park Campus, several parks, tree lined avenues and three of the city’s historical monuments. The District also has numerous houses of worship, and locally owned businesses and commercial establishments. The Fan borders and blends with the Boulevard, the Museum District, and the Carytown district. Main east-west thoroughfares include Broad Street, Grace Street, Monument Avenue, Patterson Avenue, Grove Avenue, Main Street and Cary Street. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia