Property ID : 1818446
Closed $1,645,000 - Single Family Home
FORT HILL PLANTATION
PRINCE EDWARD COUNTY, VIRGINIA
Fireplaces, heart pine floors and 10 foot ceilings
grace this elegantly restored Georgian-style residence
in a historic Virginia county
After 200 years of existence, Fort Hill still offers the same history and charm of the original days. It combines the quiet peace and gentility of early America with natural beauty in the gracious Colonial home restored in the manner of Williamsburg. Circa 1815.
The main house is an all Brick Georgian with ballast brick set in flemish bond, English box-lined walk-ways nestled in the hills of Prince Edward County minutes from Hampden-Sydney College. The 288 acre property offers multiple out buildings, a restored living quarters (hunting lodge) with two floors, a three-car garage with a guest suite above, brick smoke house, shed and horse stable.
The property is a rare hunting retreat with over fifty hunting blinds, endless types of wildlife, open fields suitable for livestock or horses, established pond with abundant fish and waterfowl. A portion of the land is planted with loblolly pine, and the balance is wooded in native pine and hardwood, making a haven for deer, turkeys and small game. A large creek and other streams meander through this history-laden plantation.
Contact Mahood Fonville or John Martin for a private showing the property.
Offered at $1,975,000
- 288 Acres with 40 Open Acres, Pond.
- Main house has 9 Rooms, 5 Bedrooms, 2 ½ Bathrooms
- First Floor Has Entrance Hall (9 x 30), Living Room (18 x 19), Dining Room (16 x 19), Kitchen (15 x 18), Powder Room, Utility Room.
- Second Floor has 2 Bedrooms (16 x 19), Full Bathroom, Fireplaces.
- Third Floor offered 2 large bedrooms lead by a quaint staircase.
- Basement – Bedroom, Den, White Washed Brick Walls, Hand-hewn Exposed Beams, Fireplace and private entrance.
- Outbuildings include a 2-story Colonial Kitchen that has been converted to a Guest House comprised of Living Room, Kitchen, Bath and 2 unique Bedrooms in the Upper Loft Area. Detached 3 car garage with Apartment, small kitchen and bedroom. Smokehouse, Shed, Barn.